How To Use The Food Bank
USING THE FOOD BANK
Newark Neighbours offers clients an assortment of non-perishable foods which may vary depending on what we have available at the time. All food orders are based on the size of the family requirements.
Client hours for picking-up orders are Tuesday and Thursday, 9:30 a.m.-1:00 p.m. These hours remain unchanged in January 2022, despite changed hours for the Thrift Shop.
HOW TO REGISTER
Newark Neighbours uses the Canadian government's low-income cut-off guidelines (2019) to help identify who may register for the food bank.
If you wish to register, please call 905-468-3519 and leave a message for the Food Manager requesting an interview to use the food bank.
When you attend the interview, please bring the following documentation with you:
1. Personal identification for everyone in your family (Drivers Licence, Health Card)
2. Details of your income and expenditure (Notice of assessment for current tax year; copy of mortgage or rental agreement)
Details that you're on the Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP)
3. Your address in the Town of Niagara-on-the-Lake (Copy of Gas or Hydro bill containing your name and address)
4. The Newark Neighbours Client Registration Form, completed by you. Download here
5. The Proof of Income Form, completed by you. Download here
6. The Dependents Form, completed by you. Download here
7. Information about any special needs or dietary requirements. We will do our best to accommodate you.
Please note that Newark Neighbours has the right to refuse anyone who abuses the system with misinformation or who disrespects our volunteers.
CELEBRATE NATIONAL HOLIDAYS
We are also pleased to provide special ingredients to make a holiday meal for each of the following holidays; Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas. Registration dates and deadlines will be provided to qualifying clients in advance.
DON'T LIVE IN NIAGARA-ON-THE-LAKE?
If you require assistance and live outside the Town of Niagara-on-the-Lake, please contact one of the following groups:
Community Care of St. Catharines: (905)-685-1349
Project Share (Niagara Falls): (905)-357-5121
Salvation Army (905) 935-4311
The Raft: (905) 984-4365
Women 4 Women: (905) 687-4848
Canadian government low-Income cut-off rates (LICO) before taxes, for communities less than 30,000
LICO by size of family unit:
1 person 20,696
2 persons 25,764
3 persons 31,673
4 persons 38,457
5 persons 43,617
6 persons 49,193
7 or more 54,769