How To Use The Food Bank
USING THE FOOD BANK
Newark Neighbours offers registered clients an assortment of non-perishable foods which may vary depending on what we have available at the time. All food orders are based on the family size.
The food bank is open for client visits on Tuesday and Thursday, 9:30 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
HOW TO REGISTER
If you wish to register as a food bank client, please call 905-468-3519 or visit us during our open hours. Our volunteers will interview you to assess your qualifications and assist in completing a registration form.
When you attend the interview, please bring the following documentation with you:
1. Personal identification for everyone in your family (Drivers Licence, Health Card)
2. Details of your income and expenses (Notice of assessment for current tax year; copy of mortgage or rental agreement)
Details of the Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP) or other social assistance - copy of payment remittance, cheque or other documentation.
3. Your address in the Town of Niagara-on-the-Lake (Copy of Gas or Hydro bill containing your name and address)
4. The Newark Neighbours Client Registration Form, completed by you. Download here
5. The Proof of Income Form, completed by you. Download here
6. The Dependents Form, completed by you. Download here
7. Information about any special needs or dietary requirements. We will do our best to accommodate you.
Please note that Newark Neighbours has the right to refuse anyone who abuses the system with misinformation or who disrespects our volunteers.
CELEBRATE NATIONAL HOLIDAYS
We are also pleased to provide special ingredients to make a holiday meal for each of the following holidays; Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas. Registration dates and deadlines will be provided to registered clients in advance.
DON'T LIVE IN NIAGARA-ON-THE-LAKE?
If you require assistance and live outside the Town of Niagara-on-the-Lake, please contact one of the following groups:
Community Care of St. Catharines: (905)-685-1349
Project Share (Niagara Falls): (905)-357-5121
Salvation Army (905) 935-4311
The Raft: (905) 984-4365
Women 4 Women: (905) 687-4848